Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hi, Everyone!

Hello, Everyone. No, I have not abandoned my blog. I have just been extremely busy. Then, after I was busy, I became lazy. Finally, after I was lazy, I got off my behind and started doing things to improve myself. Also, I don't think I have done anything spectacular in a while. What I mean is, I haven't done anything other that what I have already posted/I haven't come up with any cool ideas in a while.

So, I decided that I would add a few pictures of my kids working. In Math, we were discussing what makes equations true or false. I took a few pictures of the journey I was attempting to take the kids on to help them discover why an equation was true or false as opposed to just solving for the amount on either side of the "equals" sign.

I uploaded to pictures backwards, so if you look at them from the bottom up, they are in chronological order.

A few more problems.

Another student is either restating her answer, or trying to prove her wrong.

She is explaining to the class her reason for her answer.

The right answer?

Working on the equation.

Working on the equation.

Working on the equation.

I gave them this equation and we discussed whether it was true or false.

We discussed whether or not the equations were true or false.



No comments:

Post a Comment