Sunday, July 7, 2013

Introduction

My name is Kimberly Ard. I have decided to create a blog for a few of reasons. 1) I want to share what I know/have learned as a teacher with other teachers, 2) Receive feedback from other teachers, 3) Become better at reflecting on what I have taught/how I have handled situations in the classroom.

First though, I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am once again a First grade teacher. I taught First grade for two years, moved down to teach Kindergarten, and am moving back up this coming school year to teach First grade again. I will have some of the same kids that I had last year.

I have a BSE in Early Childhood Education and a Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I have just recently completed the Arkansas Leadership Academy training on being a Teacher Leader. I have completed two years of CGI and am currently working on CGI Year 3. In the 2014-2015 school year, I will begin working on my National Board Certification.

I have an iPad that I use for intervention and as a learning center. I also use a lot of technology in my classroom. I plan to tell you about those things in my upcoming posts. I am a huge fan of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest. I also want to share ideas on how to use these types of social medias in the classroom.

My idea is to post a couple times each week with updates/ideas of things that are happening in my classroom. If you have suggestions, or if you try something that I suggest and it works (or doesn't) please feel free to share. Anything that I post will be free for everyone to use. If I post something from someone else and find out that I am not supposed to post it, I will remove it immediately.

I will close this post now and get some things together for my upcoming posts. I am currently working on ideas of new things to try in the classroom, in addition to purchasing items for the classroom. One I get these things together, I will post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment