Friday, July 12, 2013

Parent Communication Idea

I was speaking with the new Arkansas Teacher of the Year (Ali Weimer) at ALA and we kind of came up with this cool idea together. I want my parents to have access to the videos that I use in the classroom. The kids will be able to watch the videos at home, and maybe the videos will have more of an impact that just watching them a couple of times in class.

To accomplish this, I plan on sending home a weekly newsletter. Last year, one of my coworkers told me about a website that has newsletter templates:
http://www.kellyskindergarten.com/Newsletters/newsletters.htm

I will customize the newsletter to include links to videos I how in the classroom. I will send home the usual paper copy of the newsletter. I will also email the newsletter weekly. This will allow parents to simply click on the link that is in the newsletter instead of having to type in the address. Parents can also create a playlist to store the videos for their kids to watch in the future.

The newsletter will look something like this:

Upper Right: "A Peek at Our Week" shows the focus for each subject.
Lower Left: "Video Links" show the videos that I am using in the classroom.










No comments:

Post a Comment