Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New way to communicate with parents

One of my colleagues and I were discussing ways to keep parents involved in their child's education this upcoming school year. One of the ideas that we came up with was to use a forum. Instead of the parents sending questions to us via email (or via phone), they can simply log onto the forum and ask the question. The benefit of using a forum is that if multiple parents have the same question, they can just read the answer to the question that has already been asked.

For example, if there was a question about the homework one night, a parent could as the question on the form. If another parent has the same question, they can simply read the response instead of emailing us again. This will prevent us, as teachers, from having to answer the same question numerous times.

In addition, we can use this in our Domain 4 folders as one of the ways we communicate with parents.

I was able to create a free forum by using http://www.forumotion.com/. You may view my specific forum at http://firstgrade.forumotion.com .

PS I just had a thought, I wonder if there would be a way to use a forum to have parents sign up for conference times? I will check on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment