Sunday, August 4, 2013

A few more websites...

Well, I have finally reached my last week of summer vacation. Our district officially returns to school on August 12. The kids will follow a week later. I am hopeful that I will have a lot to share about my classroom experiences in about three weeks!

Right now, I thought I would tell you about two FREE websites that are very useful in classrooms:

Math, Language Arts, Science, and other subjects. Games for kids of all ages. FREE! I plan to put this as a bookmark on my kids' computers. They will be able to access the websites during Math and Literacy centers.

This website will allow a student create and narrate his or her own stories. Wouldn't that be a great incentive to get a student to finish his or her writing assignment and do a good job? The class can vote on the top three stories, and then those students can create their story and bring it to life.


Now for a  few personal Pinterest links. The first one focuses on Kindergarten skills. It was created by a group of Kindergarten teachers as part of a technology project through the Arkansas Leadership Academy.


These are links to my own personal Pinterest board. I refer to these boards for ideas of things to do in the classroom. I also update these boards pretty frequently. Feel free to follow the boards!


One more website: https://delicious.com/ This website allows you to save website addresses to their website. When you log in, you can access your files from any computer. For example, if you are looking for exciting websites for you students at home and find a few you like, you can put the information in the Delicious website. Then, when you get to school, you can open the website and find your stuff.

That's it for now. Enjoy! And feel free to comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment