Friday, August 2, 2013

Classroom-Ready for the New Year... almost

I have put together about 90% of my classroom, and I am so excited! I threw away a lot of stuff at the end of last year. Now my classroom is very open and the kids have a lot of room to walk around and work. I finally have a teacher "desk," and spent about four hours today connecting my printer to my computer. (I didn't have the cd and had trouble downloading/installing the correct drive.) It truly is the little things that make us happy. All I need now is my list of students, so I can get their names put on things. I am truly ready for this year to begin!

Take a look at my classroom!

This is the front of my classroom. I have a SmartBoard! Over on the right is my "desk" and my table for Guided Reading. On the left is my easel. Up on the whiteboard is my Behavior Chart. In front of that is where the kids are going to turn in their work, folders, homework, notebooks, etc. And to the right of the table is the Listening Center.


This is the left side of my classroom. There is a big bulletin board to display student work. I have four sets of shelves divided into Literacy and Math. The shelves have games, center work, activities for the kids to work on. There is a little area that looks crowded, but those things will come off the counter when school begins.


This is the back of the classroom. There is a chart towards the right that the students use to select their jobs for the day. The big red rectangle is the class incentive. When the class receives a compliment (from other teachers, as a class), they earn a ticket (which is put on the wall.) When the class earns 50 tickets, the students get to watch a movie on a Friday afternoon. There are three trapezoid tables, one will be for the writing center, and the other two are for the computer centers. Off to the far left is the classroom library.


This is the right side of the classroom. There are hooks for the kids to hang up coats and backpacks. I have a lot of books stored on the shelves above. You can see the carpet that the students sit on during their lessons. There is also a better picture of my Guided Reading table. If you notice the "tubs" on the rectangle tables... those are used to identify which table a child sits at: green, blue, red, and yellow.

That's it! That's my classroom. As I said, I need to get some things labels. I also need to get the kids assigned to their seats and their cubbyholes so they can store their supplies. That will be done the week after next. My next project is creating Welcome Back gifts for my students.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment