Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Teacher Kit," "Class Dojo," and a request...

What an amazing first week of school! Full of ups and downs. I thought I would end this great week by telling you about two apps that I use... and by making a small request!

Teacher Kit is a free app that allows you to store information about a student. And by information, I use it to store contact information: parents names, email addresses, and phone numbers. There is also a feature that allows you to send emails to everyone for whom you have an email address. I use this as an additional way to contact my students' parents and give them information. As of yet, not everyone has signed up for Remind 101, so I use Teacher Kit as an additional tool. There is also a feature that allows you to keep notes (like behavior.)

You can set it up online at http://teacherkit.net/

I am fairly new to Class Dojo. My colleagues have been using it for the past week, and I decided to jump on board. It was really easy to set up on my home computer. I typed in all of my students, and the app gave them each an avatar. I added a couple of positive and negative behaviors. Now, I can simply select a student and select the appropriate positive or negative behavior. There is also a feature that randomly selects a student. The class will not know which student is selected, so they will not know which student I am giving a "point" to or taking a "point" from. Now I just need to align the point system with my existing classroom behavior chart.

Another cool feature is that every student is assigned a code. I can print out the students code (which I will do Monday) and send it home to the parents. The parents are allowed to register for the website and view their student's behavior daily!

Check it out at http://www.classdojo.com/

Personal request: I will be participating in Arkansas' Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. For the first time ever, I have signed up to help with fundraising. If you would like to contribute, please visit http://arkansas.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/LIT_ArkansasAffiliate?px=14541304&pg=personal&fr_id=3485

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment